I am passionate about sharing my love of spiders and all things urban ecology. I often visit schools, do community spider walks, run “bug bingo” for kids or help out with bioblitz events.
I am always happy to explore the wonderful world spiders with different interest groups so if you’re in need of a spider or urban ecology expert please visit my Environmental Education website www.livingcityscience.com.au
Falling Walls Australian Finals
Willowbank School visit
FameLab NSW and Australian finals
Article: British Council
Three Minute Thesis University of Sydney finals
As a visiting scientist for the CrookED science program Our Lady of Mt Carmel Primary School in 2015 to show the year 1’s some spiders and tell them about the interesting things living in their gardens.
I had the pleasure of being the visiting scientist for Camdenville Public School and Crown St Public School to give presentations to years 1 & 2 and conduct school biodiversity surveys.
I have also given talks to Froebel preschool, Macquaire University Banksia and Gumnut daycare centres, Orange Grove primary school and Willowbank primary school (Auckland).
- Ku-ring-gai Council community talk (2018)
- City of Ryde Sustainability talks (2018)
- Pint of Science Perth (2017)
- Australian Plants Society public presentation (2015)
- Year 10 work experience day presentation, Ku-Ring-Gai council (2014)
- Research bites presentation, The University of Sydney (2014)
- Western Australian Apiarists Society Presentation (2010) “